Saturday, August 19, 2017

Once-in-a-lifetime eh

My best friend's dog, who captured my heart nearly nine years ago. Love him, love him, love him.


Just as I was preparing to leave the house to go to a hair appointment, my hair stylist called as asked to reschedule. Totally fine with me. Instead of sitting in a salon for a couple of hours, I went to my best friend's house. [Note: in the interest of anonymity I'm using aliases for everyone I write about, and I'm going to use a random name generator for the names.] My best friend, Mica's, house.

The picture above is of her dog. This is the look we get when we're about to leave without him. No worries, though. A second after he hears the garage door close, he's off to his favorite spot on the bed for a long, luxurious nap, one uninterrupted by dreaded kisses on the head.

We had sushi for lunch and spent a few hours shopping for clothes. Traffic was heavy throughout the city. Since our city is in the path of the eclipse, we're supposed to have boatloads of visitors. Perhaps a lot of people are arriving early.

I realize the total eclipse is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and it's amazing that it's passing over where I live, but the truth is I couldn't be less excited. I have to work, and I'll have to photograph everyone else enjoying it. Not sure how much of it I'll get to experience. A coworker gave me a pair of eclipse glasses in an effort to get me to into it. I'll use them as I can. I'm sure it will be awesome.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.