Friday, December 1, 2017

Christmastime calm



Every morning when I wake up, whether with the alarm at 5:52 or some random time in the 4:00 hour, like this morning, the first thing I do is create a mental to-do list for work. When I'm lucky I'll get to my office a little bit early, before anyone else is at work. When that happens, I start on the to-do list and may get a solid start on the first item before the interruptions begin. It's rare that my day follows the list. So there's really no explanation for why I was so tense by mid-afternoon that I was snappish at two coworkers. I suppose it's fair to say that overall stress got the better of me.

It wasn't a big thing. Both had volunteered to help me with something. I spent all day getting it as far along as I could and then turned the rest over to them. One questioned why I didn't finish it myself, and that's when I got snippy. Honestly, I said it was because I didn't want to add another thing to my unfinished to-do list. Not to mention, they had said they would help. In the end it got sorted and the day ended fine, but I hate that the situation got the better of me.

On the way home I stopped at a couple of stores to start on Christmas shopping. No luck. I have no idea what I'm looking for, and inspiration did not strike.

In my neighborhood I passed a church where this nativity is set up. I felt a sudden calmness. I pulled over to the curb, took the picture and sat for another minute. It's Christmastime and there's more to be glad for than to be snippy over.

TGIF, though.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My favorite Christmas song. Makes me hope for a small snowfall soon. (Just a small one though.)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you found a moment of stillness. Happy Holidailies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holidays to you too, Miss Meliss.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.