Thursday, January 11, 2018

Good news, bad news

Good News
  • The significant “winter weather event” fizzled. No snow shoveling needed. Now my friends can delete the Go Fund Me page to support a spine transplant.
  • Although the streets were slick on the way to work, none of the invincible all-wheel-drive motorists slammed into me while trying to stop, although one nearly fishtailed into my lane.
  • Henry’s meeting was well attended.
  • My house didn’t burn down (see below).
Bad News
  • I thought Henry was drafting the proposal for me to edit. Instead, he fleshed out his outline for me. I’m not confident my understanding is deep enough to produce a solid justification. I’ll have to write fast so he can improve it.
  • I’m grumpy (see above and below).
  • I ruined my microwave. Without checking a bag of chicken fried rice for microwave compatibility, I stuck it in and hit Start. Within seconds there were flames. I was still standing there and was able to move the bag to the sink and douse the flames with water. I’m not certain the microwave is ruined but there’s a scorch mark on one wall. I’m not going to risk it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.