Thursday, March 8, 2018

Taxing logins

The only thing less fun than updating a resume is preparing the tax file for the accountant. I know because I worked on both today.

Every year there is one piece of tax information that I can only access online, but I can never get into the account. I believe they require a password change every six months, and I don’t do it for reasons that amount to laziness. Every spring I face this and swear that next year will be different. Today, after spending nearly an hour on the website trying to get a username to work so I could request a password change, I finally picked up the phone. Less than five minutes later I had what I needed. I still don’t have a working username and password, but it doesn’t matter now.

Eve has been sending texts all day, each one containing an alarming number of exclamation points. Since I’m not at work this week she doesn’t have anyone to talk to and it’s making her a little crazy. In between texts, I finished reading “Still Me.” In my opinion, turning “Me Before You” into a trilogy was unnecessary. Moyes told a perfect and complete story in the first book. The characters’ futures should have been left to each reader’s imagination. She said in an interview that the characters in “Me Before You” came to her fully formed. She was only there to transcribe their voices. I don’t think the same was true with the second and third book. I suspect Will and Louisa were most complete when they were together. And that’s kind of the point of their story. Still, I love Moyes’ writing and now I can look forward to her next book, whatever it may be.

I talked to Blaine tonight. He was still at work. He’s having a brutal week and sounded exhausted. He thinks he’ll have to go into the office on Saturday but said he still wants to get together in the evening. I told him to feel free to cancel at the last minute if he needs to, whether to work or have downtime. "Not a chance," he said through a yawn.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.