Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Around the entire block

Running toward me, seconds from barking a complaint for not throwing a toy that I do not possess because she left it in the other room.

Look who I have for company tonight!

Eve and Paul had to make a quick trip out of town today. Eve sent a text toward the end of the work day asking if I could go over and hang out with Izzy.

Since I last took care of her she has decided she doesn't trust me to give her a treat. What a nut. I wonder if they've started something new with her and she's trying to tell me I'm doing it wrong. It wouldn't be the first time she's given me that message.

I took her for a walk earlier. We made it around the entire block. The only hiccup was when someone from the neighborhood recognized her but not me. "Is that your dog?" I was asked. As if I look like a dognapper. I guess I was wearing my spring trench coat...

We straightened it out quickly enough. It's endearing that the neighborhood knows her and is looking out for her.

Tonight we've played fetch with the ball, a favorite from my last stay. Blue Dog, the toy that saved my sanity and hands the first time I stayed with her back in December, is back in rotation having had an internal injury stitched up. 

I'll be back with her on Friday for an overnight stay.

The foul mood lifted finally. This morning's commute nearly brought it back, but I was fine once I arrived at work. It didn't hurt that the two meetings I had scheduled were cancelled.

2 comments:

  1. Cancelled meetings are the school snow days of adulthood. I spent the day typing and deleting "I told you so!" messages because a problem that I pointed out was only going to get worse three months ago has (shocker!) gotten worse and now has tipped over the edge. Acting professionally is occasionally a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the type of situation that sucks all the fun out of being right!

      Delete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.