Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Live, finally

I got into work early. Waiting for me was an email from the IT help desk questioning the name of Henry's website. In response, I asked my computer a profanely worded rhetorical question, then forwarded the email to Henry because he had the documentation they wanted. He has a warm, personal way of writing. I've never known him to be terse in an email, and he never pulls rank. Today he did both. And within 30 minutes the website was live.

While my day was good, Eve's was terrible. "Let's walk," she stated. "I need to blow off steam before I blow off heads." I pushed my chair away from the desk and followed.

She was promised something a year and a half ago but it still hasn't come to fruition. This morning she was told she was being put off again. At this point it's less about the issue and all about the lack of support she's getting. By the end of the day, a compromise was reached and yet another promise made. I feel badly for her. I'd like to do something special for her but I'm not sure what.




2 comments:

  1. The IT group was really covering themselves in glory, weren't they? As for Eve... I recently bought a t-shirt that reads "Patience: what you have when there are too many witnesses". I feel like I should lend it to her.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.