Saturday, June 16, 2018

Shift

Mica called at the unholy hour of 7 a.m. to ask if I wanted to take the little white dog to the dog park before it was too hot to leave the house. We're still having close to or over 100 degree highs. It bites.

As usual, no dogs on the small-dog side but six or seven on the big-dog side. Fortunately, all were friendly. The little white dog is often a hit with the Australian shepherds. Maybe he looks like a lamb to them. Whatever the reason, a beautiful Aussie and the little white dog became quick friends and took turns herding one another.

Mica and I talked about the murder mystery dinner. She wouldn't come out and say it, but between the lines I could tell she didn't enjoy it. I feel lousy about that. I know how it feels to be the one who isn't part of a couple and who is outside the group. I thought it might be an easier situation since there was the game to focus on, but I suspect that was another way to feel lost in the action. Guilt settled heavily on me. I'll have to figure all of this out. I'm part of two worlds with magnetic fields that are repelling at the moment.

I went back to her house and hung out for most of the afternoon. After I got home I took a ridiculously long and cool shower, during which I tried to figure out how I can make everything work. No solutions. When I stepped out I realized I'd have to break a sweat if I were to be ready before Blaine came over.

We went to Oceans 8. It was disappointing given the cast, but it was two hours in recliners with popcorn and someone I like a lot, so good enough, Hollywood.

We went to Blaine's after. He showed me the plans for the roof he's having put over the deck. We walked out onto the golf course and along the other townhouses until we came to one that has the same sort of covered deck. Theirs doesn't have electricity, though, but Blaine's will so he can have a ceiling fan and a few lights. "Will there be outlets for Christmas lights?" I asked.

"I hadn't thought about that."

"Do it," I bossed. "Unless you prefer clear lights at Christmas. Don't bother if that's the case." Hey, there are some things I have strong opinions about.

"Colored lights it is."

There was a time when I would have had a jab of panic after insinuating that I may be around come Christmas, but things have changed recently. I'm owning this whole thing a bit more. I don't know if I'll be around at Christmas or not, but for now I don't see why not.

Our thing is turning into something. Or not. Best not to dwell.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.