Monday, July 9, 2018

The hook


Texts, 20 minutes ago:

Me: Remember when your arm bled all day? How did you get it to stop?
 
Eve: It finally stopped on its own, probably after that Anacin I took wore off. Are you bleeding??

Me: Yes. I was dragging a giant package of toilet paper out of the backseat of my car and bumped against the hook that holds the garage door open. It jabbed me good on the shoulder.

Eve: Is it deep? Do you need stitches?

Me: No, not deep. I think I hit the SP artery though.

Eve: What's that?

Me: Stuck Pig

Eve: HA! Paul wants to know what kind of garage door you have that you need a hook to hold it open.

Me: They're original to the garage. Two doors that swing in from the outside. The hooks keep them from bumping around in the wind.

Eve: Now he wants to know what kind of hooks they are.

Me: It's just a hook and eye combo. About three inches long. Pointy end. Pierces flesh easily.

Eve: He wants to know if you close the doors all the time. (I've told him he's losing sight of the problem.) 

Me: I haven't closed them in a decade. 

Eve: He recommends removing them then. 

Me: I thought I'd try a nylon zip tie instead of the hooks. 

Eve: He said that might work. How's the bleeding?

Me: I've crisscrossed three bandages over it. It's soaking through but isn't leaking. Must be slowing down.

Eve: Paul just sent a text to Blaine telling him to buy you a package of large zip ties.

Me: That was nice of him, but I can pick them up. I've been meaning to but I never go where they sell them in the size I need.

Blaine to me:  Hi, Paul says you need zip ties for your garage door. Do you need them tonight? I have some that will work temporarily. I can get stronger ones for you tomorrow.

Me to Blaine: Hi! No, I don't need them tonight. Can you give me a second to say goodbye to Eve?

Blaine: Of course.

Me to Eve:  Blaine is texting now. I'll let you go. Maybe I should ask him to pick up some plastic tubing and pint-sized Ziplock bags in case I need a blood transfusion.

Eve: Ha! You'll need a needle too.

Me: I have that hook. It makes a hole large enough for the tubing.

Eve: Not sure you fully understand how that works. Seriously though, let him get the zip ties for you. He'll like that you let him help.


Me: A guy thing?

Eve: A good guy thing. 

Me: OK. :) I appreciate it. 

Eve: Good night!

Me: You can have my office if I don't make it. 

Eve: IGNORING THAT. See you tomorrow! 



 

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.