Friday, August 3, 2018

About this week

As I left for work Monday morning I pulled the cell phone out of my purse and saw I had missed two calls from Eve, one made late Sunday night and the other only a few minutes before. I called her back, and she broke the sad news that her mom had died in the night. It wasn’t expected so the shock was especially strong. The funeral was this morning.

A lot of what went on this week was related to Eve, and I wasn’t comfortable writing about it or pretending it wasn’t happening so I let things go silent here.

An unrelated thing that happened this week was that Eli turned 4. He explained the significance this way: “I’m not a baby anymore. I’m a little boy.”

To celebrate, Allison and Ty had all of the grandparents over for dinner (chicken nuggets, chocolate cupcakes and blue Kool-Aid). It was good to be included.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.