Saturday, August 25, 2018

And then I arrived home

The funny thing about the trip Eve and I took to NYC is that everything was perfect. More than perfect. Flights landed ahead of schedule. We did everything we wanted to and it was all fantastic. Strange things, all good, happened. We laughed about how we had slipped into a happy little world for a few days.

And then I arrived home.

I noticed my lawn hadn't been mowed. It was past due when I left but we'd had a couple of days of rain so I expected that the mowing service was behind. A voicemail at home explained, sort of, the problem. The person I hired subcontracted with a couple of people who didn't follow through. As a result, he's behind and he's dropping customers effective immediately. Yada, yada.

I sent a text tonight. He called. It's a mess. He's going to try to mow again but it may be another three or four days. By then he's going to have to bail it. In the meantime all I can do is try to find someone willing to take on another customer late in the season. 

I called Mica to vent. She sent a text to the guy who mows for her to see if he can take me on as a customer. I hope he'll get back to her tomorrow. If he can't do it I'm not sure how I'll find someone. I mean when I hired my current guy it was from a small ad in the newspaper (that's how long I've been a "valued" customer). Now where does one go to find someone starting out who will have time to add a customer? I don't have a working mower so I can't do it myself. Not even sure I could buy one at this point in the summer.

This sort of thing really stresses me out.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.