Friday, August 17, 2018

Bluebirds

After work I stopped at the hardware store for sink-fixing supplies. I need to replace the stopper in the bathroom sink. I haven’t done this before but YouTube makes it look doable. I thought I knew what I needed but after standing in front of half an aisle of possibilities I realized I needed to do some research. I may have to ask for help, but then again maybe I won’t.

Mica and I went to Greg’s for dinner. He was behind the counter doing something when we walked in. His glance up turned into a smile and a hello. “Grab your booth,” he said. “I’ll get you a couple of Diet Cokes.” When he brought them over, he asked, “You’ll still come in when I switch to Pepsi, right?”

“Nope,” I said.

“Not a chance,” Mica answered.

We thought he was kidding. He thought we were kidding. Turns out everyone was telling the truth. “Tell you what,” he said, “I’ll keep a stash of Diet Coke in back just for you two.” Bluebirds of love circled Mica’s head.

One of Greg's business partners was there. We weren’t introduced but he did come over to the table to say hello.

I’m glad they offer a large menu. Looks like this is going to go on for some time.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.