Thursday, September 13, 2018

Simple shopping


The last iPhone update seemed to change how my phone charges when connected to a dock or my car.

I became aware of the charging problem when Blaine sent a text before lunch and I noticed the battery icon was glowing red in spite of having been docked all morning. We had to finish our conversation on the office landline. About to wrap up, I told him it was a treat to hear his voice during the day.

“There are going to be kissy sounds in a second."

I glanced toward the door where Eve and Susannah had appeared. “Is that Eve,” Blaine asked.

“It is.”

“I’ll let you go. Pass along a hello."

"I will."

"Hey, am I on speaker?”

“No.”

A series of kissing sounds followed by the kind of laugh that comes from cracking yourself up.

Susannah and Eve were waiting on me so we could go to lunch. We went to a pizza place that has a fantastic salad bar and garlic bread. I skipped the pizza and filled up on the salads.

Susannah asked me what I was doing tomorrow. “[Vacation approver] said you were taking it off.”

I would have asked how that became Susannah’s information, but she has a way about her that causes people to tell her things.

“I didn’t know you were taking it off,” Eve said.

“I only requested it this morning. Blaine and I are going furniture shopping.”

Dramatically, Susannah dropped her fork onto her plate with an inelegant clang. “Am I going to be a bridesmaid soon?”

I looked at Eve who understood my confusion and shrugged. “I don’t know how it connects either.”

Susannah picked up her fork and resumed separating the limas out of the spoonful of bean salad she had put on her plate. “People don’t shop for furniture unless they’re thinking about moving in together. Fact.”

“Yes they do. Truer fact. Boom!” I laughed because I knew that sounded ridiculous coming out of my mouth.

“That was so wrong. Please don’t try that again,” Susannah told me, laughing.

I explained, “He wants to furnish his basement and asked for my help. He has vacation to use and time in his schedule, so…Tomorrow afternoon we are going shopping. Simple.”

Susannah  looked at Eve. “When did you and Paul shop for furniture together?”

“Just before we were married.”

“That’s when Eric and I did too.” She gestured toward me as if I may want to take notes. “As a bridesmaid I don’t mind sleeveless but I need to be able to move on the dance floor so nothing too form fitting. I’ll need final approval of the color, too.”

Eve added, "I think I should give you away."

“I am never having lunch with you two again.”

3 comments:

  1. I will refrain from making wedding predictions, but in case you haven't already fixed it, if you go under Settings->"Touch ID & Passcode" and turn "USB Accessories" on, that will fix your iPhone charging issue.

    Also, can you livestream the wedding so the blogging population can see? *snort*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome! Thank you so much for the phone help. I was still in grousing mode which precedes Googling for help. I appreciate the time you saved me!

    Oh sure, the livestream is a given.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My phone died at least twice before I figured out what was going on. I'll just be glad I managed to spare someone a bit of misery.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.