Monday, November 26, 2018

Dreaded errands

Monday

When they began talking snow a week ago, I requested a vacation day so I wouldn’t have to worry about the streets and dumb drivers. Glad I did.

I stayed in bed longer than necessary but eventually got up and left the house to take care of three dreaded errands:
  1. Renew my driver license.
  2. Replace the windshield wipers on my car.
  3. Pick up clothes from alterations.
  4. Buy new tires.
Before I returned home I had:
  1. Renewed my driver license.
  2. Replaced the windshield wipers on my car (and let tell you, based on the difference the new ones made, I had gotten every cent I could out of the old ones).
  3. Picked up the dress and skirt I’d had altered.
  4. Returned the comforter Blaine bought for the basement bedroom and, since he had paid cash, turned the refund into a mattress pad and set of nice sheets (all done with his permission, of course).
  5. Went to two stores to find something my brother wants for Christmas (no joy).
  6. Wondered if my brother would use a GoPro and whether I want to take on the hassle of helping him learn video editing (probably not but still undecided).
  7. Had lunch with Mica.
  8. Stopped at her house to give the little white dog hugs and kisses.
Cleverly avoided:
  1. Buying tires.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.