Thursday, December 6, 2018

Making everyone less than happy

Thursday


Preparations for the office holiday party are progressing but I wouldn’t say it is going smoothly. Committees and strife go hand in hand, never more so than when the charge is related to a social activity. For better or worse Eve and I have taken on most of the work and expense with the hope that it will be festive and fun without too many feeling put upon.

The other day I made the mistake of eating lunch while driving back to my office and I spilled on my coat. I dropped it off at the dry cleaner after work. The woman asked me for my address then asked why I was using this location when there’s one close to where I live. I explained this location is more convenient because of where I work and parking is easier. Out of curiosity she asked where I worked. Apparently there is another location nearer to my office. I said I just liked this location the best. She was OK with that.

Since I was near Mica’s, I stopped by to say hi and take the little white dog for a walk. We discussed the plan for Saturday when she, Eve and I are driving an hour to attend a Christmas market. Someone I worked with in my first job is a vendor. I’m looking forward to seeing her. It’s been 22 years.

I hope Saturday will help Mica get to know Eve better. In a perfect world they would become friends but because their personalities are so different I think the most I can hope is they will become comfortable acquaintances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.