Wednesday, January 9, 2019

If I'd had a hammer and nails

Wednesday

 I went to work today. Eve didn’t, however, because she tore the meniscus in one of her knees and needed an MRI.

Since there wasn’t going to be any fun on the agenda, it seemed like an appropriate time to tackle an assignment I’ve had for a month or so.

THE boss was given two portraits, lithographs from the the turn of the 19th century. They’re of two men, eminent in their field and household names if you work in their areas of expertise, as our people do. I was asked to figure out a way to display them somewhere.

If I had been smart, I would have found a hammer and a couple of nails and a blank spot on a hallway wall. Done.

Instead, I’ve been trying to find a solid connection between them and our organization. I finally found something today. One of our founders worked with one of the men for a year. I also found that the men in the portraits worked together but not until a year after our founder left. Perhaps I can spin that into enough relevance.

Next is to figure out where they should be displayed. We have a few empty offices, maybe I can turn one of them into the Museum of It's a Stretch.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.