Monday, January 14, 2019

Seeking loophole

Monday

I was on the iPad looking up the history of Troutdale in the Pines because Charles sent a bunch of letters on its letterhead. Blaine was on his iPad reading a book. Or that’s what I thought he was doing until he said, “We’re celebrating Valentine’s Day.” I couldn’t tell if it was a statement or question.

“You would like to.” I matched his tone to make it sound like a statement or a question.

I looked at him. He looked back at me. Dueling small smiles.

“On three?” I suggested.

It was a unanimous “yeah.”

“How about this?” He passed his iPad to me. The hotel we stayed at for a couple of nights last fall has a one night plus dinner Valentine’s Day package. He booked it for the 14th and we’ll take the next day off to make it a long weekend.

The best part of this is having time to look forward to it. I do like a bit of anticipation.

“No flowers, OK? It’s already extravagant.”

He went back to his book. “You can’t add conditions after the deal is done.”

I have a month to find a loophole.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.