Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Power browsing

My brother’s birthday is Saturday. With sleet and snow forecasted for the next two days, today at noon seemed like the best time to start shopping.

I picked up two of the three things he asked for (Amazon Prime will have to help with the last item), and I ordered a cake online. What’s left is to think of a couple of things he didn’t ask for but might like. I have no ideas. My best bet will be a visit to an antique store or two. I requested Friday afternoon off with the hope one afternoon of power browsing will work out.

While shopping today I checked out the Valentine’s Day cards, something I haven’t done in a good 15 years. The assortment has dwindled. There were fewer than a dozen geared toward men who aren’t husbands. All of those lacked humor or subtlety.

I don’t want a funny one (not that any deserved that label) because there is a sentiment I want to convey. I read those categorized under “Special Someone” and “New Relationship.” The latter came closest to what I’m looking for, but they either didn’t say quite enough or went way off the gush-o-meter. And all of them were ugly. If there’s time on Friday, I’ll check one or two other places.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.