Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Back to work

Going back to work today wasn't as difficult as I expected, not after I stopped on the way in for a giant Diet Coke. I know the stuff is terrible for me but under the right conditions it's also ambrosia.

Eve stopped by my office in the morning. I was in the middle of adding a bunch of information to a website and couldn't talk long. She seemed disappointed but said it wasn't anything that couldn't wait. I was going to look for her when I finished but before I could I was called into a meeting that lasted into the lunch hour. Eve had already left for home to let Izzy out. When she arrived back at the office, I was walking out to go to another meeting which lasted until the end of the day. Maybe tomorrow, if whatever it was is still on her mind. I wouldn't bother mentioning this except I'm wondering if she wanted to talk about Blaine. I may be projecting. There's a part of me that wants to ask what's going on there. There's another, stronger part of me that wants to hang completely back and let it lie. It's just that my curiosity has awakened. Historically, curiosity is not a good thing in my hands.

Is there an age at which a person is no longer in touch with their inner ridiculous self? I should be there by now.

I'm about to crawl into bed so I can finish a book before it's time to fall asleep. It's Unloved: A Love Story. When I stopped reading this morning, a plot twist had just been revealed that left me discombobulated. It has been rolling around my mind all day.

One last thing, a guy I went to high school with posted on Facebook that he's starting a program that will help him fulfill a career dream. I remember the moment in high school when he first talked about what he wanted to do with his life, because it was the moment I knew he was...unexpected...special. I moved into his corner that day and since then have been a far-away, totally secret cheerleader. This sounds like I had the hots for him. I never did. But I've always thought he was one of the best guys out there, and I'm thrilled that he has a wonderful family and is on his way to realizing his dream. I wished him the best of luck on Facebook. Here, I'm doing the Snoopy dance for him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.