Monday, January 8, 2018

Conclusions

Blaine called a little while ago. After the preliminary niceties (is this a good time, how did Monday treat you, etc.), he said, “In the interest of full disclosure...” Definitely an attorney.  “I consulted Eve on how many days I should wait before contacting you.” Although engineer works, too. “You may hear about that at work tomorrow.”

I wouldn’t be surprised if my smile was audible. “Yeah?”

“She told me to Google it. I decided to wing it.”

“You have good instincts.”

“I'll take that. Is it too soon to ask if you would you like to get together this weekend?”

“It isn't, and I would.”

“Uh, for a date?” He chuckled.

I clamped my eyes shut, glad he couldn’t see me. “Eve mentioned that, huh?”

“She did.” At least he sounded amused.

“I didn’t want to jump to conclusions,” I said lamely.

“I understand. She only wanted me to know there may be crossed wires. Whether it’s a date or not I’d like to get together. If you’re open to it being a date, however, I’d like that a little more.” My stomach flip-flopped.

“I’d like that too.”

I’m running out of ways to deny this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.