Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Early bird does nothing

I poked my head into Eve’s office on my way down the hall this morning. “This is me coming in early to get a bunch of stuff done before 8:00.”

She gave me a funny look and checked the time on her computer. It was 10 minutes until 8:00. “I believe in you!” She gave me a thumbs up.

We talked until 8:10, so….

I used to make it in by 7:00 easily. Now, even when I get up before my alarm, I cannot make it happen.

Mica, Sophie and I met for lunch. I haven’t seen Sophie in ages. Mica has kept her filled in on the Blaine situation so I only had a couple of questions to answer. When you don’t date for 12 years and have been clear about your lack of desire to ever date again, people become pretty interested when there’s a status change.

It’s supposed to snow 3-5 inches here tomorrow night. My friends are very concerned about my ability to wield a snow shovel now that they believe my back will snap at any moment. I’ll be fine. I’ll dig out the winter boots that have the best traction. Keeping my footing was the problem last time. Eve is the one in trouble; Paul is out of town until Friday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.