Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Break some rules

I’ve been putting off updating my resume because I don’t want to think about needing to. Tonight I sucked it up and got to it but quickly sunk into a self-doubt funk. I’ll go back to it another day.

Blaine called to talk about the weekend. He still asks if I’d like to get together, which I find sweet if silly since I always do. Except tonight I told him I couldn’t do anything because I’ll be dogsitting Izzy. Paul and Eve are leaving town Saturday morning and I’ll have to leave Izzy alone for a few hours in the afternoon, so I’ll need to be there in the evening.

“Has Eve forbidden you from having company over?” he asked with a distinct tease in his voice.

“She said no boys, no alcohol and no loud music,” I lied. He chuckled and said that did not sound like her at all. “Maybe it was Paul.”

“Now that could be.” There was a bit of silence. “What do you say we break some rules Saturday night?”

1 comment:

  1. Time to text Eve and Paul a picture of a sleeping Izzy next to an empty alcohol container!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.