Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Thrown off schedules

Leaving the little white dog at the vet is first on the list of my least favorite things to do. Mica and I walked out feeling sad and worried. The next several hours dragged until the vet called Mica and reported all had gone well and she could pick him up at 6 p.m. I went with her. He came into the room all wagging tail and excited to see us, but he looked like he’d spent six months on the road sleeping rough. I stayed at Mica’s as long as I could before I had to get back to Izzy.

Her schedule was completely thrown off today. I didn’t go to work and got up earlier than usual, then was in and out all day. By this evening, she was a handful. I decided to try walking her again. She did much better but we didn’t get far before something I didn’t hear or see spooked her, and she headed for home. She needs a way to get good exercise. I don’t know if I want to try the dog park with her. I wish I could take her to Mica’s and let her run in the big back yard, but that can’t happen until the little white dog heals.


1 comment:

  1. More unsolicited advice ahead! :)

    If you're trying to tire her out and there's no place for her to safely run around remember that mental exercise can be just as tiring. Learning a new trick might be a good thing. I'm a big fan of "touch" as in "touch my hand with your nose" because it's a fun game when you move your hand all over the place and it's a nice way to redirect their attention when you need to. Once she has it down inside, go for a walk close to home and practice the new trick along the way. It may even help her feel more comfortable outside.

    In any case, I'm glad the little white dog came through her surgery well!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.