Sunday, February 18, 2018

Wind

I went into work for awhile. Henry needs video clips edited and one of the files won't import into the editing program. I tried everything I could think of and everything Google could think of, then I sent an email to the person who has the original and asked him to send it again. I hope he's in the office tomorrow and has time to upload it right away.

After I left work, I stopped to get the car washed. Me and the rest of humanity. Fortunately, I had a full tank of gas and no where to be.

It was while I was being conveyed through the wash that I acted on a whim. I sent Blaine a text inviting him to meet me at a park for a walk. I was surprised when he replied that he could be there in a half hour. It took me slightly longer. He was waiting on some bleachers by the ball diamond we agreed to meet at.

The wind was out of control. I'm guessing it sustained 30 mph all day, and the gusts must have easily hit 50 mph. It wasn't the best day for a walk, especially once we reached the top of the dam by the lake where there was nothing to slow down the gusts. Even though the temperatures were in the high 50s, the wind kept it on the verge of cold. I actually like wind and chilly temperatures, and I'd had enough. I felt bad for suggesting we do this. If Blaine was bothered, he didn't let on.

"Maybe during the next blizzard we can meet back here and go swimming," I said back at the cars.

"I'll bring the grease."

Not long after I got home, the electricity went out. I used my cell phone to report it, then did the only thing I could do without electricity—took a nap. I woke up two hours later when the lights turned on again. The Facebook page for the power company said a large limb had pulled down some lines in my area. In another part of the city "a small animal" (squirrel!) got into a transformer.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.