Monday, February 19, 2018

Fire and ice

My alarm is set to go off in time to hear the local news. “A lot to tell you about this morning,” the news guy began.

Freezing rain had moved in a few hours before, and a three-alarm fire was being fought downtown. Both were going to affect my commute, so I hurried to get ready for work and out the door before the worst of rush hour traffic hit.

It was a rough workday. I received the new video file mid morning but it wouldn’t import either. I spent the better part of the day cobbling together what I could from the files that did work. The footage required a lot of manipulation to get clips to match. Then the title slide caused a lot of trouble. I was rendering the messy masterpiece when Henry called to find out how it was going. He requested a set of just-in-case jpgs, too. Sent everything to him at 4:30.

It is just 8:00 p.m. and I’m in bed because I can’t get warm. I also discovered I have four evenly spaced scratches, all about three inches long on my lower back. No idea what happened. I think I would have noticed if I had a wolverine in bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.