Monday, March 12, 2018

And no one was there

Back to work today. For the first time in several years I didn’t check work email while I was on vacation. When I opened my account this morning I had over 1,563 new emails. I considered putting my coat back on and leaving.

Someone on a listserv had “replied all” and then others did too until it was out of control. Worse, someone I work with must have looked only at the subject line (something about a newsletter) and assumed the emails should be going to me so she forwarded each one. Took forever to delete everything.

Aside from that, it was unusually quiet. Only one other person in my corridor was in the office today. Eve stayed home with the stuff that makes you achy, stiff and exhausted. Susannah said a couple of others were on vacation. No idea where everyone else was. Even Henry was missing.

I learned tonight that a former co-worker's dad passed away earlier in the week. I need to remember to pick up card. Another former co-work is being nominated for a national writing award, and I've been asked to write a letter of support. I'm off to draft something now.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.