Tuesday, March 13, 2018

2:30 a.m.

I woke from a bad dream just before 2:30 this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep. Imagine how much joy I brought to those around me today.

Eve was back at work (yay!). While she is feeling better, two others are not. Given how bad the flu has been all winter, I suppose it was inevitable that eventually it would reach our office. I have mixed feelings about potentially catching it. Right now would be a good time to come down with it in the sense that I wouldn’t feel well enough to stress about the budget cut announcement coming in the next couple of weeks and could get some sleep.

I went to Mica’s after work to feed the little white dog and give him his antibiotic capsule so she could go to the gym. It was a fiasco again. Because he can’t have high fat foods, we can’t hide the pill in peanut butter, cheese or a pill pocket, all things he loves. At first it worked to hide it in a piece of dog food (he has to eat wet) or a piece of bread. Now it’s poke it down his throat, follow it with a small treat to make sure he swallows and then try to get him to drink water. He’s patient but he spits it out or it breaks in half and then he spits it out.

All three of us are looking forward to tomorrow when the stitches are removed, the t-shirt comes off and the last pill is given—and not by me.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.