Sunday, April 29, 2018

Back to the '80s

Mica and I went to "The Princess Bride" at the movie theater. Every week a "classic" is shown, and we've loved that movie since we first saw it in college. I thought the theater would be packed with fans who knew all the memorable lines and might say them aloud. Instead, it was a quiet group. I suspect the people who laughed the loudest in all the right spots were seeing it for the first time or hadn't seen it enough to remember everything.

This time through, I appreciated how tight the script is and how good all of the actors were. I miss the type of movies that were out in the '80s and '90s.

Since we were downtown (an area we once spent time in every weekend but never go to now), we had a late lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant. It's had an ownership change, and the food isn't quite as good but it's still the best pad thai we can find around here.

We finally committed and booked a trip to Chicago in June. I need to order the baseball tickets. Mica is going to one game but I may go to a second one my own. Haven't decided. I need to figure it out soon. I didn't spend time on it today because I had to go into work for a few hours. I'm a bit tired of sitting in front of a computer screen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.