Thursday, April 12, 2018

Dog-loving village

I’ve been poking around Pinterest, and I found that Julie James, the romance author I like a lot, has boards for two of her novels. I love this so much. On one board she has pinned a dress that one of her heroines wears to a party. The dress gets a lot of attention in that chapter, and I became a little frustrated that I couldn’t picture it from the description. Seeing it on Pinterest was an ohhhh moment. The pins are primarily of outfits and the interiors of locations she writes about. In one book, a character goes to a bar where there are thousands of wine glasses hanging from the ceiling. I was surprised to see it’s a real place in Chicago. It’s disappointing there isn’t a board for every book.

Speaking of books, I can’t find anything I want to read and it’s making my sleepless nights longer.

I just received a text from the person who is fostering the dog from last week. She hopes to visit out-of-town family this weekend. If she goes out of town, I’ll have the dog (let’s call her Westie since that’s what she is), over the weekend. Her text said plans are up in the air now due to the weather forecast. It’s supposed to be snowy Saturday, and where she’s headed it may be worse, possibly blizzard conditions. This time of year it’s hard to know what you’ll actually get, so she may not decide before Saturday morning. I’d like Westie as early as possible so she can settle in before I have to be gone for several hours Saturday night. Mica said she would come over and dogsit if needed. Sophie is available too. No dog stays lonely in my dog-loving village.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.