Friday, April 13, 2018

Man logic

Eve and I decided to go out after work since there were a couple of matters we didn’t finish discussing while on our morning walk. She sent a text to Paul to let him know so he wouldn’t wait for her before taking Izzy for a walk. He sent a text back. “I don’t get to go?” She added Blaine to the conversation when she replied.

And that’s how the four of us came to spend all evening sitting at an outdoor table overlooking a golf course and laughing our heads off. It was a perfect night to start -- beautiful 75 degree weather. As the predicted cold front hit, the staff turned on large patio heaters. With a lot going on locally, nationally and personally to cover, conversation flowed easily.

The best bits were the old stories Paul told about dating Eve. It took him six years to ask her out, although they had the same friends and saw each other all the time. He thought he was too old for her. “I knew I’d fall in love with her if we dated, so I did the right thing and didn’t ask her out.”

“Man logic.”  Eve rolled her eyes. Paul laughed.

I love those two. They so enjoy one another after all these years.

We were at the restaurant where we celebrated my birthday, the one in Blaine’s neighborhood. He invited me over after. I wasn’t going to stay long but it was one of those rare nights when everything is perfect and before you know it it’s a couple hours beyond midnight.

No snow yet even though it’s cold enough. The foster had to cancel her travel plans because blizzard conditions closed roads between here and where she was headed, so I won’t have Westie this weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.