Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Walks

It’s easy for me to stay in my office chair most of the day, only leaving it for lunch, to go sit in a conference room or to use the restroom. Staying put has to contribute to why I get so tired during the day, and it certainly feeds feelings of discontent. This morning I decided to start something: go outside for a 10-minute walk at 10 a.m. I invited Eve along because we simply do not talk enough.

Our building is situated among many, many other office buildings, all with sidewalks along them. There are plenty of routes to take, and today we found if we follow a sidewalk to the outer edge, we can go onto a dirt path that cuts through a wooded area. Eventually we came to a deep ditch and had to backtrack. Still, a change of scenery.

 I’m stressed about work due to mixed signals I’m getting from my boss. I called Mica when I got home and talked to her for two hours. Afterward, I went for a walk. Tried music for awhile. Then I called Blaine. My excuse was to let him know that a suit wasn’t required for the banquet. Such a pity.

We talked for an hour, not a word about work. I knew we would laugh and that would help ease the frantic feeling I’ve got going on. Tomorrow will be better. I just hope it doesn’t start at 3 a.m again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.