Tuesday, April 10, 2018

List of questions

Usually I take my lunch to a nearby park and eat in the car while I read or listen to a book on tape. It gets me out of the office and is the best way to recharge. Today I stayed in because I was in the middle of creating some CSS for Henry’s website and I wanted to keep at it. At a stopping point, I took a container of soup over to Eve’s office to warm it up. She has a microwave and refrigerator. I’m trying to talk her into a panini press, maybe a waffle maker.

“Hey,” I asked as I punched buttons, “is Paul wearing a suit to the banquet?”

“In Paul’s world if it isn’t Sunday, it isn’t a suit day.”

I laughed. “I’ll let Blaine know he can dress comfortably.” Pity.

Eve’s door opened. Susannah came in with the part of her lunch that needed warmed up. “What’s this about Blaine?” I asked her if Eric was going to wear a suit. “Jacket, no tie.” she answered.

Fine.

“Speaking of Blaine,” Susannah said.

“We’re done with that now,” I told her.

She continued, “I’m making a list of questions to ask him.” I looked at Eve for help but she was grabbing for a pad of paper and pen.

“Such as?” I asked dryly.

“I’m going to find out if you’re a good kisser.” She looked at Eve. “Since I already know he is.”

Eve spun her chair toward Susannah. “What?” Susannah nodded toward me.

“She asked.” I defended. I shot a look at Susannah.

Eve looked at me. “What else have you told her that you haven’t told me?”

“Nothing. Now, I’m taking my soup and I’m going back to my office, and I don’t want to hear from either of you for the rest of the day.”

Eve asked Susannah what other questions were on the list. “I’m going to ask what his favorite thing about her is.”

I stopped at the door. “No you’re not.”

“And I want to know if she shares information about herself, since she won’t tell me anything.”

“Find out,” Eve said, “how long it took him to convince her they’re dating.”

Susannah lowered her chin and looked at me. “You had to be convinced of that?”

I narrowed my eyes. “No.” I shrugged, “It was just the first time we went out that wasn’t a date. It was a pre-date--an exploratory “date” to see if an actual date was warranted.”

Susannah rolled her eyes. “How many dates before he kissed you?”

I shook my head, quite serious. “That’s his business.”
“Fair enough,” Eve said.

“I agree,” Susannah said. “So I’ll ask him.”

I left the two of them laughing and walked across the building to the break room to reheat the soup that had gone cold.

They like to have their fun with me, but Susannah wouldn’t do anything that might make Blaine uncomfortable. And, I have a feeling he can handle her if she does.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.