Thursday, May 24, 2018

A watched pot won't go live

The little white dog is single handedly improving the profitability of being a veterinarian in this city.

Mica took him in this morning because of swelling above the eye. The vet’s best guess is a sting of some sort. She sent home eye drops and a steroid (I think) and recommended he begin taking allergy medicine. I think the allergy meds are unrelated to the eye. I was busier telling him he’s a love bug and will feel better soon than listening to Mica as she explained it. She called a little while ago and said the swelling is much better already.

Eve was back in the office today after being out most of the week to help her mom. Boy, the days go faster when she’s around.

Henry, bless his impatient heart, stopped by my office before 9:00 to find out if the website was live yet (no), came back at 1:00 (still no) and at 4:45. “I’m not here for that,” he said and held out an envelope. His neighbor gave him a pair of VIP passes to a jazz concert series that starts next week. When Henry accepted them he didn’t realize the concerts are on Tuesdays, his and Julia’s bridge night. He offered them to me. “Consider these a bribe,” he said before letting go of the envelope. “Get IT to make the website live this week.”

I sent Blaine a text about the tickets. We had already talked about going to one or two of the concerts. They are held outdoors on the university campus, and they’re free so if you want to find a spot to spread a blanket or set up lawn chairs, you have to get there a couple of hours before. The VIP tickets guarantee a spot near the stage. His all-cap reply with two exclamation points suggested I’d been wise to accept them.

I’ve never been because I hear “outside” and “June” and think “sweaty” and “bugs.” I’m happy to go since it’s something Blaine wants to do. It seems like we usually do what I want.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.