Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wardrobe

I spent the day editing photos in PhotoShop. In other words, a tedious, long day. I didn’t finish.  Something to look forward to tomorrow.

This evening after reheating a supper I didn’t feel like eating, I drove over to the park with the lake and walked the loop once. I ran into Henry and Julia who were there with their puppy. She’s the same age as Izzy but, oh, is she ever a handful.

When I got home I noticed a Zappos box was on the front porch. I’m still looking for a pair of shoes to wear with the dress I bought a couple of months back, or whenever it was. There’s one pair out of the three I ordered this round that might work. Or, I might stick with a basic pair of slingback pumps I already have. Frankly, I’m not thrilled with any piece of the outfit, but my wardrobe is limited when it comes to dressing up. I went a whole lot of years without needing to dress up for anything but funerals.

I think I mentioned that Blaine asked me to go with him to a retirement reception on Friday. It’s a two-hour cocktail and hors d'oeuvre affair that will be held at a private club downtown. The dress I’m wearing is plum colored with embroidery at the waist. It’s a better dress for fall than spring, but the material is lightweight and it’s three-quarter sleeved so I’m choosing to believe it’s fine.

2 comments:

  1. D'oh! The wonky formatting with no line wrapping is back! (Firefox 59.0.2 on macOS if it matters)

    That dress sounds fine! (Ignore the fact that the validation is coming from someone who wears nothing but jeans...) And Blaine will be in a suit (again!) so you're guaranteed to have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me about the formatting. I forgot that happens if I write on the iPad. Thanks, too, for the reassurance on the dress! The suit is about the only thing keeping me from coming down with a 2-hour flu.

      Delete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.