Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Come fall



The wind has been terrible here the last couple of days. Since it’s dry too, there has been a lot of dust in the air especially around farmland. Both Sunday and yesterday dust clouds limited visibility and caused chain reaction accidents on the interstate. Here in the city the biggest problem is dodging the garbage cans and planters that have tumbled onto the streets.

Tonight it’s stormy but the severe weather is staying south of the city. Good thing. The only cover I plan to take is when I crawl under the sheet on my bed.

Eve told me Kim and John told her and Blaine to let me know I’m invited to the tailgates this fall. From what I gather that’s an invitation many want but not all receive. I don’t know if space is a limiting factor or if it has to do with providing enough food and beverages for everyone. Last year Eve told me she could probably get me in if I’d go. I declined because I was avoiding meeting Blaine. Now, if all is going well come fall, I’m looking forward to it.

I met Mica and Sophie for lunch. I haven’t seen Sophie in ages. She’s going to stay with the little white dog when Mica and I go to Chicago. To prep her, Mica created an eight-page “Care and Feeding” document. Seriously. Sophie laughed when she saw it. “The first time I stayed with him,” I told her, “she left emergency numbers on the whiteboard on the refrigerator, and she included 911.”

Mica tried to put up a defense. “When you’re panicked you may not remember!”

Thunder is getting closer. Time to unplug the computer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.