Thursday, May 17, 2018

Shouldn't say anything

I have not been good about using my words here this week.

Henry’s website should go live early next week. So much has changed since I started it, I need to go back through every page and make sure the information that was added early is still accurate, and I need to catch inconsistencies. There are other i’s to dot but much of that is behind the scenes (I have some CSS to clean up). And I still have to make arrangements with the group that handles our e-commerce needs.

As much as I’d like to be finished with this project for awhile, the website is only the start. Marketing and promotion will follow.

My moments of relaxation have largely come from the audiobook I’ve been listening to all week (finished it this morning). It’s “A Higher Loyalty,” written (and read) by former FBI director James Comey. His observations on effective leadership are spot on, plus I laughed out loud many times. I suspect I’ll listen to it again at some point. There’s no doubt it’s strategically self-promoting. There’s still much to grab hold of when it comes to lessons on leadership. Comey landed on my radar when he testified before Congress. I don’t remember why but I decided to listen to the testimony live and before long was mesmerized.

I had lunch with Mica and Sophie. I rarely see Sophie anymore so it was really nice to get together.

Mica’s mom, who lives out of state, told her last night she wants to visit the week before we go to Chicago and then stay and take care of the little white dog so Sophie doesn’t have to. Not my circus, not my circus. I kept my mouth shut for several reasons, one of which is my opinion doesn’t matter because the little white dog doesn’t belong to me even though he occupies all the space in my heart. Both Sophie and Mica’s mom will keep him safe. I’d prefer Sophie, though. She understands him and his routine. And she isn’t Mica’s mom.

As if that wasn’t enough ideas from Mica’s mom, Mica said slyly, “Oh, and she’d like to meet Blaine.”

Yeah? She isn’t going to. She shouldn’t even know about him. I didn't say anything. Mica and I will discuss it soon.

Not sure this was the best day to use my words.

2 comments:

  1. I understand parents who want to be involved (to a certain degree, of course) with their kids' lives. But I'll never understand parents who want to be involved in the lives of their kids' friends. But maybe my family is just exceedingly hands-off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be different if her mom and I liked one another. There still wouldn’t be any reason for me to introduce them, but the idea wouldn’t be as insane.

      Delete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.