Friday, May 4, 2018

Winter grime on warm evening

It’s me and Izzy again. We spent a good chunk of tonight on the deck. She explored her favorite spots in the yard while I washed the winter grime off the patio furniture. It took longer than it should have because I’m not quite at 100 percent, but I feel a lot better than yesterday. Low stamina or not, it was nice to be in the fresh air on a warm evening.

The cleaning is in preparation for tomorrow night. Blaine and I are going to stay in and make dinner here. Nothing like taking over someone else’s house! I did mention it to Eve this morning with an “if you have no objections” clause. Not surprisingly, she didn’t. She sent a text to Paul asking if the grill was ready to go. His reply said the propane tank might need to be replaced. Then he said Blaine could take care of the rust on the base and repaint it while he was there. A laughing emoji followed. I said I’d pass that along.

While I was sweeping off the deck I noticed the plug to a string of multicolor party lights they have running along roofline on the inside. I spotted an outlet and plugged them in. It’s a pleasant effect. Now I’m thinking about going home to get a clear glass bowl/candle holder to use as a centerpiece on the table. Look at me getting all fancy and romantic-ish.

4 comments:

  1. Sheesh, next thing you know you're going to be scattering rose petals around on the white tablecloth! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.