Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Not too late

It was barely after 9:00 this morning when my cell phone vibrated across my desk. I expected it to be Eve because she hadn’t come in yet and usually gives me a heads up if she’s going to be out. It was Blaine. He was already having a bad day, a continuation of a situation he told me about last night. His voice sounded tired, his tone irritated. After a few minutes he blew out a sigh, signaling he was finished venting.

Gently, I said, “It isn’t too late to buy a used car lot.” There was a beat before I heard a soft laugh.

“Will you come work with me?”

“Sure if I get a company car to drive.”

“The best Pontiac I can find.”

~ ~ ~

Operation What Am I Going To Wear This Time is well underway. I went to Talbots tonight to look for the skirt I saw online. They didn’t have it but had another by the same designer and in the same cut. I tried it on to see if the style would work. I guess it did. I mean it’s a skirt. They all sort of hang there. The store ordered it and will have it on Friday. Between now and then I’ll look for a suitable top to go with the greens and pinks in the pattern. I do have a white sleeveless top that will work in a pinch but it fails in three ways:
  1. It’s shapeless.
  2. And sleeveless, which I avoid when I can, especially right now because I sunburned in Chicago the day we went on the two tours, and I have an arm tan that ends above the elbow.
  3. Wearing white to a barbecue is a swell idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.