Thursday, June 21, 2018

Best life

At noon I went to a little clothing store that I always forget exists because it’s in a part of town I’m rarely in. It has nice looking things that are inexpensive. The quality isn’t great but things can last for a couple of years if I’m careful about how I launder them.

I found a two-layer, filmy, flowy top that might work with the skirt. It’s sleeveless (everything is) with a slender V-neck, and it drapes nicely. It was available in white and in blush. I bought both to try.

Henry stopped by my office on his way out. I asked if he and Julia were going to the retirement party. They are. He suggested we sit together for dinner if possible. I’m looking forward to that. Henry and Blaine should get along just fine.

Today is the little white dog’s 10th birthday. He celebrated a few days ago by catching a squirrel. Today he had to settle for an increased number of low-fat treats.

I went to Mica’s after work to annoy him with hugs and kisses. I sure hope he’s around for many more years, but at this point you just don’t know. What I do know is he’s happy, spoiled, well loved and cared for, and treasured. He has the best life any dog could hope for.

Eve has been out of the office for a couple of days. She was hit hard by a cold. I apologized for whatever germs I spread to her, but she said she blamed her sister who came down with it while staying with them last week. That makes more sense since Blaine didn’t come down with it after throwing himself in harm’s way.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.