Sunday, July 1, 2018

Cold spot

I woke up relaxed to the point of feeling boneless. I could not and did not move for the longest time.

Toward evening I went to Mica’s. We wanted to do something with the little white dog. With all the rain it was too muddy to go to the dog park. On the other hand, the storms dropped the temperature to a tolerable level, making an extra long walk through the neighborhood a possibility. We walked along streets we don’t normally follow.

I had the leash and had gotten a bit ahead of Mica who had stopped to pick up after the little white dog. All of a sudden the temperature dropped significantly. Two steps later and it was warm again. I took another few steps and stopped, looking back to see where Mica was. She was about to step into the cool zone. I watched to see if she noticed anything. She passed through it and stopped. “Did you,” she looked behind her, “feel that?”

“Coldness?”

“Yes!”

Of course we walked back through it, turned around and did it again. “That’s plain weird,” I declared.

The cold spot was on the edge of a shaded part of the sidewalk, but the difference in temperature was too great to be caused by shade alone. Plus, when we stepped out of it we were still in the shade. It felt like air conditioned air but was still--no draft.

“The neighborhood has a ghost,” I concluded. I stepped back into the spot. “It’s rather refreshing though.”

“Oh, the ghost will love that you’re using it to cool down.” She waved her arms all about as if she were the ghost. “Get away from me. What is wrong with you!”  We laughed and walked on.

1 comment:

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.