Wednesday, July 25, 2018

This and that

The urologist is retiring and suing his employer for age discrimination. Also, he’s looking for someone to reupholster a teak sofa.

Henry visited my office today. He’s just back from back-to-back-to-back, etc., trips, some for business and some personal. He and Julia attended a family wedding in Maine, and now he wants to retire to a quaint village they found. Julia, however, refuses to live in a town where they shut the water off for the winter.

Upon arriving home I found two cans of wasp spray by my back door. Shortly after, my brother called to see if I had seen them. I told him I had and asked if I had a wasp problem. He didn’t know; the spray was on sale.

After a particularly annoying meeting at work, I sent a text to Blaine asking his secret for maintaining his cool at all times. He replied, “Decades of practice and occasionally Maker’s Mark.”






1 comment:

  1. Can you use the wasp spray to barter for something you actually want/need? For some reason that whole thing is making me laugh.

    Gee whiz, maybe you'll get less urology mail now? (Okay, that one was a stretch, but it made me snort so I'm going with it.)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.