Tuesday, August 28, 2018

And the good luck continues

On the way to work this morning I was rear ended by a high school student. There was little speed involved and no visible damage to my car, and I’m hoping that means there’s no damage at all because he backed up and took off before I could get out of my car.

The rest of the commute was annoying. I came upon a delivery truck that was stopped and straddling both lanes. Smoke was pouring out of it. Traffic had backed way up. I was able to turn off before the point of no turn around. Traffic, though, was heavy and everyone was hell-bent on getting their way. I was never so glad to make it to work.

The workday was annoying too. Probably best to leave it at that.

I wasn’t annoyed to have dinner with Blaine, Paul and Eve tonight, but I was annoyed that the plan was to go to a sports bar. I’m not sure why. I’ve certainly gotten used to them this year. I suppose after the day I’d had I wanted something quieter and more comfortable.

Because I used vacation time to leave work early to go to a hair appointment that I had rescheduled from last Saturday, I was able to get to the sports bar first. In what felt like an act of defiance I requested a booth. I couldn’t deal with a high top table tonight. I had been seated for a bit when Blaine came in. Seeing him quieted all that had been causing prickliness in me all day. He smiled when he saw me, kissed me when he sat down.

“Good day?” he asked.

“It is now.”

He nodded toward the glass in front of me. “The beer?”

I smiled and shook my head. I pointed at him. Whatever was in my expression held his attention. A conversation I had with Eve in New York came back to me. My social life has become an out-of-body experience.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.