Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Then there was a trip to the vet

Overnight, Mica had to take the little white dog to the vet. Looks like he picked up a bacteria from something he ate from the vending machine that is the back yard. I visited him on my lunch hour. He seemed a little tired but was still happy and active. He raced me to the couch and flopped over for a belly rub--all part of our routine greeting.

Meanwhile at a groomer across town, Izzy was getting her first professional bath. Eve texted a photo of her after so I could see how shiny and sleek her coat is. I’m taking care of her over the weekend and will see her refreshed ‘do then.

Speaking of the weekend, Blaine asked if I could go to the tailgate on Saturday. After eight months of hearing about these things, I wouldn’t miss it. Izzy will be fine for the duration of the tailgate but I won’t be able to stay to watch the game. I suggested we drive separately so Blaine can stay. There’s a new coach this season and an insane amount of anticipation and excitement among fans. Blaine should enjoy it with everyone else.

He bristled a bit at the suggestion we drive separately. For some reason he doesn’t like meeting places. He agreed to consider it.

Henry received good news today. The project proposal we worked on was finally green lighted. We met this afternoon to talk about promotion and whatnot. I’m going to be swamped for a while, but it’s for Henry so it won’t feel so burdensome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.