Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Color comes back

Eve was back at work today. The stream of people stopping at her office to welcome her back was so steady it was nearly 10:30 before I had a chance to pop over. I tried not to stay long because she was trying to get caught up. She remarked that she can’t concentrate long enough to accomplish anything. It’s a shame grief can’t be distributed among those willing to take on some of it.

Just before noon I received an email from Henry saying he had “several matters to discuss” and asking when I was available. We talked after lunch for a couple of hours, mostly about a document he needs ASAP. We outlined it today and will write and polish it tomorrow.

When I saw Mica at noon, I told her what a relief it was to have both Eve and Henry back. It really is like color has come back to my world.

Mica and I had lunch at Greg’s, as we’ve come to refer to his restaurant although it has a proper name. She was already there when I arrived and Greg was talking to her. When he saw me he took a step away. “I’ll get you a Diet Coke.” I like this guy more every time.

Because I have no trouble asking strangers nosy questions, we learned more about his professional background, what part of town he lives in and what part of town he’s from. Also, Mica said when she walked in, he greeted her by name and told her he recognized her from her Facebook profile picture. So it continues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.