Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Encucumbered

Someone at work brought cucumbers from their garden to share. I thought I’d pick out one so I can try a new salad recipe. The smallest one in the bag was 16-inches long. What the heck? I was going to skip it but then decided to bring one home anyway.

Blaine came over to replace the pane of glass. While he worked on that, I sliced the cucumber into enough slices to make two salads and keep enough to put on sandwiches for a couple of days. I’m cucumbered out and I’ve yet to eat any (the salads need time to blend).

Unless something changes, I’m going to dogsit Izzy this weekend. I asked Blaine if he wanted to hang out with us Saturday night. “Try to keep me away,” he answered.

“No, I don’t think I will try, not even a little.”

“Good.”

After a moment, I whispered, “Want to watch a little Masterpiece Theater?”

“Nice try.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.