Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Friends

In this day and age of selfies and social media, why do people freeze up and turn away as soon as someone shows up with a camera? I need them to not do that.

We had a group of people in the office today, and I was asked to take pictures inside one of the meetings and then at the catered lunch. It was the lunch where I ran into the trouble. Still, I snapped a few sneaky candids that will work. For my trouble, I was given a fruit cup and cupcake to go. I’m not complaining. I love fresh fruit. And cupcakes.

I ate them in Eve’s office. We discussed how we’re going to spend our one free day in New York. We have something that works on paper, just barely. Later, Eve came across the hall. “You know what we forgot? Time to eat and go to the bathroom.”

“Details.” I waved it away.

After work I went to Mica’s. We took the little white dog to dog park. He’d been down in the dumps all day because Shadow had gone home. They went from being wary of one another to playing like old friends. I always feel dumb going to dog park right after work when I’m still dressed business casual. As we were leaving, Julia (Henry’s wife) was parking. She had their dog and their daughter’s dog. We chatted for a short time while I fell a little in love with two goofy yellow dogs.

When I got into the car, Mica asked how long it would be before I was dogsitting for them. "I don't see that happening, but I'd do it if they asked." No friend's dog gets kenneled if I can help it.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.