Saturday, August 11, 2018

Sensitive pallet

Last night Izzy allowed me one-third of the bed to start. Later on, after kinks had developed in my neck and shoulders, she jumped down for a few hours. She rejoined me toward morning, nudging her pointy nose in my ticklish spots until I moved over enough to please her. I went back to bed after taking her for an early morning walk. She came in once but only deposited her ball on the bed to ensure I would feel guilty upon waking (instead, I was amused).

Eve and Paul arrived home midafternoon. I stayed long enough to let them know Izzy had figured out that her entire head will fit through a gap between one section of privacy fence and ground. A little digging and she’ll be out.

Eve and Paul came over to Blaine’s for dinner. Blaine has been anxious to show off the roof over the deck. It’s rather endearing to see how pleased he is about it. Tonight he turned on the ceiling fans. While they didn’t cool, they added a pleasant breeze that made being outside more comfortable.

As we ate, Paul and Blaine talked about how to add to the privacy fence. “I know where I can get an old pallet,” Paul said. I glanced at him to see if he was serious but couldn’t tell. “We could glue a couple of pieces together to get the size we need.” I glanced at Eve who was clearly coming unglued at the idea of using wood from a pallet.

“Too bad you didn’t keep any of that lattice you used for the loft screen,” I said, ever helpful. “It would stand up to the moisture better.”  

“That’s a good point,” Paul said too seriously.

“No,” Eve told him, “it’s a terrible point.” She slapped my arm.

“Don’t worry,” Blaine reassured her, “we’ll come up with something. We’ll take care of it while you two are in New York.” Paul broke into a big smile.

“And I’ll take care of you two when I’m back from New York.” She had a second thought and looked at me. “You can deal with Blaine.”

“OK,” I said more brightly than I’d intended.

“I don’t know about you,” Blaine said to Paul, “but I’m looking forward to being dealt with.”

“It might be worth using a pallet just to see what happens,” Paul said, and they laughed, not unlike Eve and I do once we get going.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.