Wednesday, September 26, 2018

On board

I went to Blaine’s to see the new furniture for the guest room. It looks nice, not too overwhelming for the space. He needs bedding, and eventually he’ll need lamps and other decoration. I asked if he wanted to get bedding this weekend.

He doesn’t.

He also doesn’t want to go out with the usuals Friday night (to a winery to hear a tribute band) or to the tailgate on Saturday. He asked if I'd be disappointed if we didn't do one or both. I told him I didn't mind at all. The truth, which I haven't shared with him yet, is that while I enjoy the things we do with his friends, it's a lot of social activity for me. It drains me. Since football season started I've noticed I'm dragged down on Mondays and Tuesdays, and I think it's because I'm recovering from being around people so much of the weekend.

What he does want to do this weekend is pick me up Friday after work and drive an hour to a rather swanky place for dinner then spend the night so the next morning we can drive a short distance and spend the day traipsing all over the state park we’ve been trying to get to all summer.





I'm so on board with that plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.