Thursday, September 27, 2018

Tomorrows

I brought home a box of catalogs that the printer I work with sent me. Each one is filled with options for promotional items. The catalogs are almost better than the old Sears Christmas Wish Book. So far I’m most charmed by the custom-shaped fly swatters but I probably spent the most time in the pet sections.

Blaine came over for supper and we watched a little TV. I’ve introduced him to Mayans M.C., the spinoff of Sons of Anarchy, which I liked but he’s never seen. He says he doesn’t like Mayans much, yet he has watched all four episodes with me. I think the storyline and characters may be sucking him in spite of the violence and language. I’m hoping he’ll become desensitized so I can eventually get him to watch one of my all-time favorite TV shows, the poetically profane and violent Deadwood.

After we finished watching that on Sling, I switched over to the antenna so he could watch Thursday night football. That’s when I grabbed the catalogs and flipped through each one, page by glorious page. Henry wants mugs, caps, pens and pocket notebooks. He also wants two brochures and new display panels. Unfortunately he has a budget. It will be a juggle to get everything he wants. Tonight I flagged a few possibilities. Tomorrow I’ll face the math.

Speaking of tomorrow...and the tomorrow after that. The forecast isn’t in our favor. It will probably be rainy Saturday afternoon. Everything I’ve read about the trails says to avoid them if it’s muddy. Most are hilly and steep and traction is hard to come by. I walked one a number of years ago, and they’re not kidding about how steep it can get. It was bone dry when I did it, and I had a lot of trouble getting down in one spot. If it had been muddy and slippery, I’d never have made it down safely.

We’re still going to go tomorrow night as planned and decide on Saturday whether to go to the park or find something else to do with the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.