Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Not as planned

Wednesday

After a night of Halloween-like dreams that woke me up three times, I wasn’t in a great mood at work. It didn’t help that within an hour of arriving at my office I had a headache and felt off in that way you sometimes do when you’re about to come down with something. I took a couple of Tylenol and set aside a newly poured glass of Diet Coke for a glass of ice water. Turning off the overhead light and working with only the task lights above the desk helped some.

Eve encouraged me to go home but I couldn’t because I had plans with Mica tonight. “Go home, get some rest and then go out with Mica,” Eve said gently as if this was one of those times I was unable to see the obvious. I suppose it was in a way. I still adhere to the rule of if you’re too sick to go to school, you’re too sick to play.

I made it through the day, but Mica had to cancel our plans because of work. I went home and burrowed under the covers. I hadn’t bought any candy so I ended up looking like one of the crabby people who doesn’t do Halloween.

I exchanged a few texts with Eve. She and Paul were at a car dealership buying a new pickup because the van Paul put 200,000 miles on decided it had done enough and was ready to retire...on the side of the highway about a half hour outside the city.

Blaine and I touched base, too. Eli stuck with the dinosaur costume. Besides him, seven other trick-or-treaters came to his door. He’s used to having closer to 100 so he has a lot of chocolate on his hands. He thinks the drop is due to the construction on his street. They are building houses across the street and have all the trucks and other equipment parked along there. There are also new townhouses at the end of the block that haven’t sold yet so it’s dark at that end. In my day dark and spooky was exactly what you looked for.


I'm watching something on Netflix about the '70s. The episode I'm on is about serial killers and cults. That should help improve the dreams I have tonight.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.