Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Symphony channel

When I stay at Eve’s, I come and go through the garage. This morning I used the remote to raise the garage door. When I stepped onto the driveway I pressed the button to lower the door and...nothing. For 10 minutes nothing and then for no reason the button worked again. Rather than risk a repeat, I went inside and picked up the key for the front door that they left for me.

At noon I came to take Izzy for a walk. It was raining steadily. It has been raining every day for two weeks. I was sick to death of it after Blaine and I tried to go hiking. Now, having to walk the slowest, most easily distracted dog in all the world, I’m truly at the end of my patience. By the time I got her back in the house, my shoes were soaked and I was running behind. I grabbed yogurt and some cereal for lunch and ate when I got back to the office.

Tonight was another wet walk but she was less stubborn and it all was fine.

“How was your day?” Blaine asked I called to say hello.

“Well,” I exhaled, “I listened to the symphony channel on the way home.”

“Oh, I am sorry to hear that.”

I need a vacation, one of those where the only point is to nap, read and repeat as needed. Soon...in fact, starting Friday.

"But rainwater keeps my coat especially beautiful."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.